This week, MediaTek announced a new addition to its 5G portfolio in the form of the T830 platform for 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) routers and Mobile Client Access Point Equipment (CPE). The T830 features the Enterprise M80 modem and supports advanced v16 capabilities for sub-6GHz operations making it ideal for 5G networks worldwide.
The T830 allows operators to deliver 5G speeds of up to 7Gbps right out of the box using sub-6GHz cellular infrastructure. Eliminate the need for additional expenses when installing wired technologies such as fiber or cable.
The T830 platform includes a main SoC with a 3GPP Release-16 5G cellular modem integrated with a powerful quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 CPU, a sub-6GHz RF transceiver, a GNSS receiver and associated PMICs. The main SoC also has an integrated Network Processing Unit (NPU) and Wi-Fi dump engine to support multi-gigabit routing speeds between 5G cellular network to Ethernet or Wi-Fi, without CPU interference – providing speed and power efficiency benefits.
MediaTek T830 Features
- The compact M80 modem integrates MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave technologies to ensure optimum energy efficiency for all 5G communication conditions.
- The M80’s cellular capabilities include support for 5G NSA/SA, with sub-6GHz connections up to 4CC-CA as well as FDD/TDD mixed duplex support.
- Dual SIM 5G support (DSDS), as per device maker requirements.
- Peripheral connections include 3x PCI-Express root controllers, USB 3.2, two 10GbE USXGMII interfaces, as well as different PCM/SPI interfaces for RJ11 phone lines.
- Integrated 3D GPU with display driver.
- Support for RDK-B, prplOS, and OpenSync for compatibility with various Open OS framework specifications for Tier-1 operators.
“As a leader in 5G CPE solutions, MediaTek works with Tier 1 operators around the world to provide fast and reliable connectivity to consumers and businesses,” said JC Hsu, Corporate Vice President and General Manager, Wireless Communications Business Unit at MediaTek. “This highly integrated platform represents the latest advances in both 5G connectivity and Wi-Fi and enables our customers to build high-performance 5G multi-gigabit CPE products in the smallest form possible.”
Source: MediaTek: GURU 3D
Categorized under: devices, top news