skull candy Created a new range of environmentally friendly headphones in the shape of Transparency with net carbon footprint. The Limited Edition Headphones It has carbon emissions equivalent to 12.14 kg, neutral through carbon offset credits and a price of $115 for Hesh Evo wireless headphones or $50 for Jib True 2 wireless earbuds offering 5.70 kg equivalent, equaled via carbon offset credits.
“Every product has an impact on the environment – from materials and manufacturing to packaging, shipping and infrastructure. We cannot completely eliminate this impact, but we work every day to reduce our carbon footprint. From this chain onwards, we are committed to being 100% transparent about our environmental impact and what we do Its to work towards a cleaner world.
We’ve worked closely with Protect Our Winters for about four years now. During this time, they have continually helped us educate our customers and ramp up our environmental efforts through robust sustainability and recycling programs. You can rock your Transparency headphones with pride, knowing that a portion of the proceeds from this limited edition go to POWs to help them fight.”
net zero carbon footprint
“The Hesh Evo gives you big, premium sound without the high, premium price tag. This product has a carbon footprint of 12.14kg equivalent, which we neutralize by purchasing carbon offset credits. Like all Skullcandy products, Hesh Evo uses 100% recyclable packaging. There What’s more about the Transparency Series than just the Hesh Evo.We’ve brought translucent style to one of our favorite earbuds too.“
“From materials and manufacturing to packaging, shipping and infrastructure, everything that is produced or consumed has a negative impact on the environment,” said Nelson Fortier, Senior Director of Branding and Product Marketing, SkullCandy. The Transparency Series serves as a platform to educate and empower consumers, while raising awareness of environmental responsibility. By revealing the impact of our products, Skullcandy raises the bar for accountability as we work to reduce our impact with each new product.
Besides continuous product improvements to reduce our carbon footprint, Skullcandy has a variety of notable sustainability initiatives in the pipeline:
- 1,000,000 pounds pledge – a promise to keep 1,000,000 pounds of e-waste from landfills by 2025
- Upcycling Program – Recycle products from retailers to extend product life with a portion of proceeds benefiting Protect Our Winters.
- 100% recyclable packaging
- Recycling program – enables customers to do their part by sending in old headphones or earphones of any brand for proper recycling
- Carbon Checkout – Allows Skullcandy.com customers to round off their purchases, making their orders carbon neutral
- Product Life Cycle Analysis – Leverages EcoChain’s carbon footprint insights to inform future manufacturing and design decisions
- Lean, Eco-Friendly Manufacturing Process – Reduces labor, materials, energy use and waste to ensure Skullcandy production has the lowest possible environmental impact
Filed under: Gadgets News, Top News