We have all been there. Whether it’s spam, automated calls, or a frequent wrong number, there are many reasons why you might want to block a phone number. On Android, this process is pretty straightforward and can be done over and over for many different numbers. Here’s how to block a number on your Android device.
What happens when you block someone’s number?
Think of blocking someone’s number as an automatic rejection of calls. When you decline a call, the caller is sent to voicemail and is forced to either hang up or leave a message. Likewise, when a user is blocked, they will not be able to make your phone ring.
Similar to how most social media platforms deal with blocked users, privacy is a big part of the process. Because of this, the person or organization that has been banned will not receive any kind of notification that they have been kicked out. Worst case scenario is that they think something is a bit fishy when they are sent straight to voicemail.
How to block a number on Android
Blocking a number on an Android device is not permanent. Once you block an organization or user, you can undo it and roll it back to its previous status as an eligible caller. Here’s how to block a phone number on Android:
- On your device, head over to phone Application.
- NB: No matter what Android device you are using, you should have a dedicated phone app.
- find accident tab on your device.
- Find the number you want to block. Click and hold.
- You should see a file roadblock or Block / Report Spam Selection. Tap on it and confirm that you want to block the number.
on Samsung Galaxy
- On your Galaxy device, head over to phone app.
- Faucet Three point list.
- Faucet Settings.
- There is an option named Blocked numbers. Click on it.
- Add the number from your contacts or from recent ones.
Once you do this, you will never see notifications that a caller is actively trying to get you. You can use this feature to prevent certain people or companies from constantly trying to control you. If you don’t want to go any further than block a number, you can always enable the Pixel’s call screening feature.
To unblock a number, just follow the steps again, this time by clicking unblock After selecting the number. Overall, number blocking is easy to do and doesn’t have any kind of limits, so block numbers to your heart’s content!
More Android Tips:
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more news: