A useful new feature that Apple brings with iOS 16 is the iPhone battery percentage in the status bar that appears at all times on the home screen, app pages, apps, and more. However, there are some caveats, read what to do if iOS 16 iPhone battery percentage not showing up on your device.
Interestingly, the iOS 16 iPhone battery percentage feature did not arrive until beta 5 (public beta 3). While some users see that it is turned on by default when installing the latest beta version, you may have to enable it manually on your iPhone.
This is the first time the battery percentage is in the status bar on recent iPhones since it was dropped with the iPhone X back in 2017.
iOS 16 iPhone Battery Percentage: How to Enable on Your Device
iOS 16 is currently available as a free or paid beta for developers. Learn more about installing iOS 16 in our complete guide.
- Make sure you’re running iOS 16 beta 5 (or public beta 3)
- open the Settings app On your iPhone (see below for compatible models)
- Swipe down and tap battery
- At the top, tap the toggle next to Battery percentage
- If it doesn’t display, you are either not using iOS 16 beta 5 (public beta 3) yet or the feature is not compatible with your iPhone
Here’s what these steps look like:
Currently in iOS 16 beta 5 / public beta 3, these are the models that seem to work with the new feature:
- iPhone 13, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone X
At the moment, this means that it is not available for iPhone 13 and 12 mini, iPhone 11 or iPhone XR.
Some other details about iOS 16 iPhone battery percentage:
- When your iPhone is not charging you will see the normal battery icon but with the percentage number inside (it will appear all white with the number until it’s below 20%)
- If your iPhone is in Low Power Mode, the battery icon turns yellow but still shows the percentage
- When charging, you will see the percentage with a small charging icon
- If your iPhone is less than 20%, you will see the icon turn red with the percentage
What do you think of the iOS 16 iPhone battery percentage? Are you excited to see her dating? Or you wish it had been done differently? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Read more about iOS 16:
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: