OtterBox recently launched its latest iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods accessory, the 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station. We tested the unique Wireless Charging Stand that features a design similar to Apple’s Pro Display XDR. Here’s our detailed review of this official MagSafe charging stand.
OtterBox 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station مواصفات Specifications
- 15W fast wireless charging for iPhone and 5W fast charging for Apple Watch
- Official MagSafe, MFi Certified
- Multi-angle, strong and smooth connection with MagSafe
- MagSafe base tilts flat to charge AirPods and other similar devices
- Heavy duty non-slip design holds it in place while using your iPhone
- Excellent finish, scratch and fingerprint resistant
- Powered by a fast-charging 36W wall charger and a 2-meter (6.6 ft) USB-C to USB-C cable
- Lifetime Limited Warranty with Hassle Free Customer Service
- Price: $129.95
materials and construction
The chassis here is plastic and is very clean and well executed with a nice weight. The white is glossy with silver that has a matte finish. The entire MagSafe 2-in-1 charging station has what OtterBox calls a scratch- and fingerprint-resistant finish as well.
The cable and 36W power adapter that both come have great build quality with bricks including the sharp design and foldable prongs. And the 6.6ft USB-C cable has a sturdy and thick construction.
Almost the entire bottom of the charging station features a non-slip pad that provides plenty of grip, and the official MagSafe dial is covered in a soft-touch finish that ensures your iPhone or case won’t get scratched.
In my time with the OtterBox 2-in-1 MagSafe Charging Station, I really liked the design. It’s a sharp, clean aesthetic.
The flexibility of the OtterBox built into the MagSafe charger is really impressive. You have a full 90 degrees which makes it usable in almost any scenario. The Pro Display XDR-style design provides outstanding stability.
Although there is no third wireless charging at the bottom of the AirPods stand, there is plenty of space to store it there for easy access.
I found the weight and stability of this MagSafe charging base to be durable. It is stable even when you type, click and use your iPhone.
The only constructive criticism I have is that it would have been great if the OtterBox had included a wireless Qi pad in the pedestal base, making it a 3-in-1 instead of a 2-in-1.
But anyway, it’s easy to unplug your iPhone and charge your AirPods or other device on the MagSafe charger when needed.
Conclusion MagSafe OtterBox 2-in-1 Charging Station
- Official MagSafe support with 15W fast wireless charging
- Great adjustability of the MagSafe charger (90 degrees)
- Strong build quality and a sharp stand-style Pro Display XDR design
- Power adapter and cable included
- Only 2 points for shipping instead of 3
- $129.95 at a premium price
With all that in mind, I give this official MagSafe dual charger a score of 4/5.
The MagSafe 2-in-1 charging station is available directly from OtterBox with other retailers only available at Apple and Apple online stores.
When purchasing directly from OtterBox, look for a $10 discount offer or 10% off when you bundle other accessories.
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: